Wednesday 5 June 2013

30 x 10 = 82%

DAY 300
65 Days Remaining

I've got lots of thoughts to share with you all (often I'll find myself composing paragraphs in my head and hoping that I'll remember them when it comes to blog posting time), but I've been back to being busy as all get out.  Tomorrow, especially, is a very long day: I've got practicum from 6:45 until 1pm, then a training session for work from 1:30 until 3:30, and then actual work from 4:30 to 9:30.  Never let it be said that I am lazy!
Actually, today, knowing what kind of day awaits me tomorrow, "lazy" is exactly what I attempted to be.  After practicum I went and had a nice relaxed visit with Stoney, then spent some time just sitting around the house, telling myself I needed to save up all my energy for tomorrow.  But I had stripped the bed this morning (as soon as my alarm rang I sat up and began stripping pillowcases from right under my head, and pulled the fitted sheet off the corners of the bed until I was smack dab in the middle of a small mountain of linen and had to get up and throw them in the wash), so it needed new sheets.  And I need to eat tomorrow, so an hour or so in the kitchen preparing all the meals and snacks I'll need (so I can throw them into the cooler to enjoy all day) was essential.  And the bicycle repair shop called to say my bike is now roadworthy after languishing in the basement for the past two years, so I had to go get it and ride it home.  And of course the sheets from this morning were washed, along with two other loads of laundry, so I had to fold it.  And now, of course, the blog needs to be updated.  So while I was trying to be lazy, I actually got a lot accomplished, and it felt a lot better than sitting on my bottom all day.  It also had the added benefit of getting me really tired, ready to wind down the day and get to bed fairly soon.

So why, on top of all the other things that I had to do today (oh yes; I also stopped by the high school to bring my tired hard-working oldest child a coffee so that she could make it through her very long day), am I feeling the need to update the blog?  Well, check out the counter at the top of the page:  I am at Day 300 of my year away from dating.

copyright Sara Parets photography
Day 300!!!  I can`t believe it!  I`m 82.2% of the way through this year.  It`s impossible to really articulate all the things that I have learned this year.  Although I can see myself falling back into some old habits, the most important part about that statement is the part where I said "I can see myself".  I am now recognizing these tendencies more than I might have three hundred days ago.  Deciding what to do about them, well; that might be another story.  I'm definitely nowhere near infallible after 300 days of blogging, self-reflection, and dealing with my emotions, but I'm closer to being able to more quickly get myself out of situations that might not be best for me.  I'm hoping I'm healthier.  I'm definitely happier, and that will be addressed in my next blog post.  In the meantime, I wanted to take a few minutes before bed (my self-imposed deadline is 10:00 and that is in one minute) to celebrate another milestone, and to share it with all of you.  As soon as I can relax a little bit, I'll be heading straight back to my keyboard to talk about contentment, faith, and relaxing into my future.  At least, that's the plan.  I'll probably think of seventeen million other topics I want to address before I actually get the chance to write them.  But there are still sixty-five days left for me to talk about all the other things on my mind.

Ready for bed...and a minute past my deadline...

L

No comments:

Post a Comment